The holiday season is here!
Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and so many weddings!
The holiday season is a time filled with parties, family gatherings, and LOTS of yummy food. It’s so easy to overindulge on those delicious goodies and mouth-watering feasts, isn’t it?
But there’s no need to miss out on the festivities! With just a few tips and tricks, you can party to your heart’s content without feeling guilty!
• Drink responsibly.
– If going for a party, hydrate well before, as well as after, having drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic).
– Alcohol is full of sugar, and it slows down your metabolism. So chase every drink of alcohol with one glass of water!
– Sip your drinks instead of gulping them down. This way, instead of having too much, you can control your intake. Also, avoid having drinks with sugar or canned juices.
– Don’t drink and drive!
• Plan your meals.
– When you know you are going for a party in the evening, plan the other meals of the day accordingly. Make sure everything else you eat that day is balanced in nutrition.
– When surrounded with family and friends, food is usually piled high on the plates! It takes some time for the brain to realize your stomach is getting full. So, set your fork down between bites, sip some water, enjoy each mouthful.
– Don’t skip your breakfast! It is rightly said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Don’t miss out on your breakfast as it will make you overindulge in your next meal!
– Take smaller portions of food when eating. And don’t hang around the buffet! It’s not easy to resist when you see all those yummy goodies! So get away, on to the dance floor!
– Do not miss your exercise sessions this festive season!
– If you can’t go to the gym/studio/club for your workout, up your physical activity! Take brisk walks, climb the stairs instead of taking the lift, dance your heart out!!!
– Get your exercise through other means, like dancing, hiking, swimming, trekking, etc.
• Monitor your Intake!
Write down your food and water intake, keep a check on it. The Holistique journal can help you with this! It helps you monitor your physical activity, your food intake, your water consumption and even your mood! It’s a must have this holiday season.
Get it in our shop! Click on —- https://www.facebook.com/commerce/products/1667900579948973/
We realise it is difficult to be able to workout during this season, with all the festivals, parties and functions taking over your days! So, make sure you try out our exercise tips!
Remember the “feel-good” feeling you get post workouts? That’s your body releasing endorphins. And endorphins make you happy!
So, what are your plans this holiday season? Do you have any useful tips to stay fit during the festivities?
Tell us in the comments below!