The new year is here! And with it come a LOT of resolutions.. Some of us want to exercise more, or drink more water, or travel more! But a majority of us have one resolution in common. Eat better!!
And when it comes to healthy eating, what is the first thing we ditch?
Cheese! The fattening, unhealthy, harmful cheese. Right?
It’s the blog we’ve all been waiting for! The amazing health benefits of cheese! Yep, you read that right.
Cheese is something that has always been considered unhealthy, mainly because of its high-calorie and saturated fat content. But did you know that recent studies tell us that having cheese actually has a lot of health benefits?
1. Nutritious : Cheese contains a lot of nutrients like calcium, protein, phosphorus, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin B12.
2. Healthy Bones : Cheese is an excellent source of calcium, which is essential for strong bones. It is not only rich in calcium, but also in vitamin B, which helps the bones to absorb the calcium easily.
3. Healthy Heart : There are lots and lots of types of cheese to choose from, and certain varieties of it, like Feta, Cottage, Goat, Parmesan and Ricotta, are actually good for the functioning of the heart!
4. Healthy Brain : Our brain uses fats from the food we eat for healthy brain activity. Cheese, being rich in Omega 3 and fatty acids, is a delicious way to provide the brain with the required nutrients!
5. Build Muscles : Due to its fat and protein content, certain types of cheese help you build muscles. For example, cottage cheese is consumed by a lot of body-builders as a muscle-building food!
6. Weight Loss : Studies show that the body burns more fat when it gets enough calcium. So, eating low-fat cheese like Feta, Cottage and Cheddar cheese can actually contribute to weight loss!
7. Other Benefits : Apart from being an excellent source of fat and protein, cheese also boosts immunity and supports gut health.
And lastly, it’s DELICIOUS!!
So, have that scrumptious thin crust pizza with lots of veggies! Go for the salad with feta and cottage cheese!
All being said and done, one thing is very important.
Nibble, not gorge! All things in moderation are good, and cheese is one of them! And always opt for fresh and organic cheese as opposed to processed. If you ARE eating cheese, eat it right!
So, do you really need any more reasons to go back to that sinful, mouth-watering and yes, HEALTHY cheese??